Thank you for wanting to learn more about me.
By day, I’m a Software Developer and Technical Evangelist at IBM. By night, I’m a published author, serial blogger, and web entrepreneur.
I was born and raised in Italy, but I first moved to Ireland at 23 and then Canada at 26. I’ve since become a Canadian citizen and live in Canada with my wife.
I wrote a couple of books:
- Ruby on Rails for Microsoft Developers (2009, WROX)
- Technical Blogging: Turn Your Expertise into a Remarkable Online Career (2012, The Pragmatic Bookshelf)
- The second edition of Technical Blogging is currently available in beta and will be published sometime in 2019.
The Rails one is now obsolete and you shouldn’t buy it.
My Other Sites
- Programming Zen: My programming blog.
- Technical Blogging: My blogging and digital marketing blog.
- Any New Books: A new book notification service I run.
On Social Media
Feel free to follow and interact with me on social media:
Fun FAQs about me
- I’m the Marketing Lead for Cognitive Class, an educational initiative my team and I grew organically from zero to over 1 Million learners.
- I was a very early adopter of .NET, Rails, and Django. I’ve been called, “the guy who brought Rails and Django to IBM”.
- I write a regular column on tech books for the PragPub magazine.
- I founded and eventually sold Math Blog.
- I created a popular Chatbot course (also available on edX and Coursera) and I often present on the topic of Chatbots.
- Teaching others gives me joy and there are few things that make me happier.
- I’m a humanist who believes in science and reason.
- I have several hobbies but reading and photography are my most persistent ones.
- I love going to the gym, fishing, and the outdoors in general.
- Orange and purple are my favorite colors.
- In 2016, I lost virtually everything I owned to an arson fire and unfortunately, we were severely underinsured. Nevertheless, less than two years later, I managed to recover myself enough to buy a new house.
- In 2017, I completed a 365 photo project without skipping a day.
- I believe in grit, personal responsibility, the power of habits, and self-improvement.
- I’m approachable. Feel free to get in touch.