Thank you for wanting to learn more about me.
By day, I’m a Software Developer and Technical Evangelist at IBM. By night, I’m a published author, serial blogger, and web entrepreneur.
I was born and raised in Italy, but I first moved to Ireland at 23 and then Canada at 26. I’ve since become a Canadian citizen and live in Canada with my wife.
I wrote a couple of books:
- Ruby on Rails for Microsoft Developers (2009, WROX)
- Technical Blogging: Turn Your Expertise into a Remarkable Online Career (2012, The Pragmatic Bookshelf)
The former is now obsolete and you shouldn’t buy it.
- Programming Zen: My programming blog.
- Technical Blogging: My blogging and digital marketing blog.
- Any New Books: A new book notification service I run.
On Social Media
Feel free to follow and interact with me on social media:
Fun FAQs about me
- I’m the Marketing Lead for Cognitive Class, an IBM educational initiative my team and I grew organically from zero to 1 Million students.
- I was a very early adopter of .NET, Rails, and Django. I’ve been called, “the guy who brought Rails and Django to IBM”.
- I write a regular column on tech books for the PragPub magazine.
- I founded and eventually sold Math Blog.
- I created a popular Chatbot course (also available on edX and Coursera) and I often present on the topic of Chatbots.
- Teaching others gives me joy and there are few things that make me happier.
- I’m a humanist who believes in science and reason.
- I have several hobbies but reading and photography are my most persistent ones.
- I love walking, cycling, fishing, and the outdoors in general.
- Orange and purple are my favorite colors.
- In 2017, I completed a 365 photo project without skipping a day.
- I believe in grit, personal responsibility, the power of habits, and self-improvement.
- I’m approachable. Feel free to get in touch.